03 March, 2009

Dearest Grace


Seeing how big you are now, your Nanay and I can’t help but thank the Lord for His faithfulness and provisions. You know our financial situations at times, and you know how the Lord sees us through those situations. The Lord loves us so much!

We are very proud of your achievements in school. Daig na daig mo kami ng Nanay mo! But always remember to be humble. In life, you will always find somebody greater or inferior than you, so you should always be on your ground.

I always tell you that I would rather have a child who may not be so intelligent but has a good character than one who is so smart yet lacks discipline. You know what I mean with those words.

I grieve when you do not obey us at times and you fail to appreciate the things that we do for you. But I love you still, very much. Always remember that. Do not ever doubt that.

I always lift you up in my prayers. I know that God can change whatever imperfections you may have right now, the way the Lord is still molding my life and character. May you surrender your life to Him and trust Him in everything.

I pray that you will grow up loving and fearing the Lord.

Tatay


(Letter given to Grace for their school retreat at Gethsemane Prayer Mountain last February 27-28, 2009.)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...