06 February, 2009

Jerred



In year 2000, my daughter Grace and Ruth received gifts from the Operation Christmas Child of the Samaritans Purse. Their presents were placed in a shoe box. The one received by Grace has a letter in it: It says,

Hi, my name is Jerred. I hope you like your present. I’m 11 years old and I have two dogs and one cat. My favorite sport is bike riding and football. I like working for my dad. I hope you have a merry Christmas. Please write me.

We prepared a letter for him, thanking him and his family for their generosity. But we failed to send it to him. I tried to search for him on the net because we are really grateful for his gifts. Last December 2008, I was able to get in touch with him. He is now 18 years old.

Yeah that was me. How are you doing?
I learned about Samaritans Purse through my church. I’ve probably sent six shoe boxes over a few years. Yes, I am aware that the gift were sent to the Philippines .I will try to send you a picture of my family soon.


May the Lord bless him and his family!

(I am still trying to locate the donor of the gift received by Ruthie)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...