09 January, 2009

Tabanera Library

My wife and I would often talk about our childhood, when no books are available for us to read. What I only have then is a Coloring Book, an Abakada, and a Science book from school which I failed to return at the end of the school year (For every school year, mayroon akong hindi ako naisasauling libro dahil nawawala. You bet it, I paid for its cost or my Form 138 will not be released by my teacher). I also get to read the Komiks (Tagalog, Hiwaga, Horror, Funny, etc) that my Tatay brings home as pasalubong.

Now, we marvel at the books now available for our kids to read.

Our collection of books started with the one given by my niece, Joy, to my daughter, Grace, when Grace was just four years old. It was entitled, "The Greatest Monkey in the World". Then, with the "Hansel & Gretel" book that was given by my brother-in-law, Ped, to Grace. After that, books started filling-up our shelves. Kuya Allen & Ate Shirley gave us books when we slept over at their house once. Also, Blanche gave us a number of books when she & Pepe left for the States.

 
And everytime we go the the mall, we do not fail to drop-by at Book Sale, at Chapters & Pages or at National Book Store to buy books for ourselves and for the kids. We also bought some books at Pandayan Bookstore, from Tiya Iyay of San Mateo Public Market (for Grace's collection of Baby Sitters Club), and from garage sale of Mam ASA.


As of December 31, 2008, we have already collected a total of 742 books! Thank you, Lord!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...