03 November, 2010

Healing From Pain


Recuperating from the cuts and bruises that I got when I accidentally tripped two weeks ago, I was reminded of God’s hand in healing us both physically and emotionally.

I was checked by the doctor and he prescribed some pain relievers. Just that? Yes, he said I just need to rest. No prescriptions for my hands to recuperate faster? None, for the bruises will heal in time. Just a capsule to cover up the pain that I am having? Yes, that was all. Amazing!

I marveled at how my cuts have healed, little by little each day. I felt how the pain in my wrists has lessened as the days went by. I began to do again the simple tasks that I used to do, but have failed to do because of my injury. It was the Lord’s hand, I believe, as Jeremiah 30:17 declares God’s promise,

“For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds.”

The same is true with our emotional pains. No amount of advice from friends, or even experts can totally free us from the guilt and shame of our pasts. Their words are just like pain relievers that can soothe but don’t really heal. Nobody else could make us whole and hopeful again but God. Only He can fully understand what we are going through. He accepts us as who we are and he gives us a chance to start anew, each time. You just need to come to Him.

Some say that our wounds leave a scar of the cuts and hurts that we go through in our lives. But let those scars remind us not of the pain and turmoil, but of how we triumphed with God’s healing hand.

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
- Psalm 147:3

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...