20 August, 2010

Mamang Pulis


I just watched the video of the hedonistic act committed by a police chief in Manila to a suspected but helpless criminal. A rope was obviously tied to the genitals of the man and he screams from pain whenever the policeman pulls it. Ouch!

I cringed…

Usually, I look away whenever there is somebody on TV who inflicts pain on themselves for a show or who is agonizing from something (like those whose hands are being treated from firecracker accidents). I just cannot stand it.

But this time, I kept my gaze. But I repulse the images being played. I was appalled. It was too much.

I can’t understand how somebody could be that cruel. What gives them the nerve to initiate such a punishment?

I must admit that I am scared of men in uniforms. Most of them are such an airhead.

Gone were the days when a civilian would approach the police for directions or a child would ask them for help in crossing the streets, as illustrated in our textbooks in grade school.

Now, I pray real hard, that the Lord would protect us, whenever they fire up bullets in our neighborhood during New Year’s celebration or during their birthday parties (Yehey! Hapi Bertdey!). Argh!

But I take comfort in the knowledge that the Lord sees and that He will deal with the arrogant.

“You save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.”
- Psalm 18:27

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...