16 July, 2009

Joy


We used to call her “pangga”. I used to help Ate and Nanay in taking care of her when she was still a baby – from preparing her milk to putting her to sleep. She was our source of “joy”, being the first grandchild in the family.

I never miss her birthdays when she was growing up. I even facilitate the games in her birthday celebrations. I was present in her preparatory, elementary and high school graduation, taking charge of the picture taking (kaya wala ako lagi sa picture). Kahit noong sumali siya sa Ms. Alma Mater ng school niya, I was present. Pamparami ng palakpak.

But she’s a big girl now. Mayroon nang sariling mundo. But I am still her beloved Tito, as she told me recently.

Happy 18th Birthday, Joy!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...